Adebayo Akinfenwa got everyone talking last week as he declared himself for the WWE Draft and laid down a challenge for Brock Lesnar and Drew McIntyre.
It seems the Wycombe Wanderers striker is actually very serious about a career chance as he could very well be primed to swap the football pitch for the squared circle.
He recently told talkSPORT: ‘I’ve had a couple of calls recently in regards to that. I’ll be following up on that soon – so it could go up or down depending on the outcome of that.
‘I can’t tell you a direct percentage in terms of that [coming to fruition], but it’s something I’m really passionate about, so watch this space, people.’
The 38-year-old star is in the twilight of his football career, so it’s no surprise he’s casting his eye to future projects – and WWE certainly seems like a good fit!
The Beast laid down a challenge and declared himself an entry for the WWE Draft, which got underway on Friday’s episode of SmackDown and will continued tonight on Monday Night Raw.
He said in a Twitter video: ‘There’s been a lot of rumours, a lot of whispers, so I’m declaring myself right now for the WWE Draft! It all goes down this Friday night live on SmackDown.
‘So this is message is for the Raw and SmackDown GMs, for the commissioner, Mr. Vince McMahon himself. You know what’s synonymous with me.
‘You got my number, hit me up on WhatsApp! There’s a lot of people that’s affiliated with the word “The Beast”, or “Beast Mode”, but there can only be one.’
Not content with telling the WWE bosses to get in touch, Akinfenwa also made direct challenges to both former UFC star Brock Lesnar and current WWE Champion Drew McIntyre.
‘No procrastinating, let’s get it done. And yes, I’m still balling – but in life, we always find a way. So let’s find a way!’