Porto left-back Alex Telles insists he is not distracted by the prospect of joining Manchester United before the end of the transfer window.
United have held talks with the Brazilian’s representatives but have not yet submitted a formal bid to Porto.
The Portuguese club are reportedly willing to accept a €20 million (£18.5m) offer for Alex Telles, whose contract is due to expire at the end of the season.
But Alex Telles is adamant that he is only concentrating on performing for Porto.
‘I’m a guy who focuses a lot on work, people believe what they want, say what they want in the newspapers, but the most important thing is to be focused on my work,’ Alex Telles told Sport TV when asked about his future after Porto’s 3-1 win over Braga on Saturday evening.
‘You know that and so do my teammates, whatever happens, I’m focused on the club, I’m here, I’m playing.’
Asked if he is closer to leaving than staying, Telles replied: ‘I have people who work for me, I just have to focus on what my job is.
‘If I knew anything, I wouldn’t need to have people working for me.
‘I have people who take care of that and I have to focus on my work.’
The 27-year-old was named Man of the Match for his display against Braga as he scored twice in Porto’s victory.
‘It wasn’t just me, everyone did a great job tonight, proof of that is the result,’ said the Brazilian.
‘It was a difficult game, we knew that Braga came here with good football. We were not happy against Braga last year, but we knew that at home we had to be stronger, to start the league very strong.
‘I think the guys did a great job. The spirit of last year continues, those who arrived, also arrived very well.
‘I am very happy, I believe in my ability. I am a person who is very focused and I am demanding with myself.
‘I demand a lot from myself because I know the responsibility I have. I’m happy to be able to help, with assists or goals, but the most important thing is that Porto can win.’