N’Golo Kante wants to remain at Chelsea despite strong interest from Inter, according to reports in France.
The 29-year-old struggled with injuries last season and made just 22 appearances in the Premier League.
Kante was a key figure in Chelsea’s Premier League title win under Antonio Conte in 2017, and the Italian wants to add the French midfielder to his Inter squad this summer.
Inter are reportedly hoping to agree a loan deal with Chelsea, which includes an obligation to buy for €50 million (£45.1m).
But according to Telefoot, Kante has no intention of leaving Chelsea this summer.
The report also claims that Chelsea are also unwilling to sell Kante.
Kante now appears to be over his injury issues as he impressed in France’s 1-0 win over Sweden last week.
He is now expected to start once again for France’s Nations League match against Croatia on Tuesday evening.
Speaking earlier this year, Conte hailed Kante as one of the best players he’s ever managed.
‘In my opinion, he can play in any position in midfield. We are talking about an amazing player. He is fantastic with the ball, without the ball,’ the Italian said.
‘When you have N’Golo in your team, you can think you are playing with one player more.
‘You can find a smile on his face every day. He is a very positive guy and one of the best players I have had in my career as a manager.’
Meanwhile, Lampard underlined in the summer how crucial Kante will be for Chelsea once he reaches full fitness.
‘In terms of N’Golo, I’ve seen some talk and reports about him and his future at the club,’ said the Chelsea manager.
‘Coming back to Chelsea and having N’Golo Kante is something I really want to appreciate and work with. Because of injuries it’s been tough for N’Golo. It’s nice to see him a little bit fresh.
‘N’Golo is so important to us going forward. We need him regularly and hopefully we’ll have that now.’